The first keynote of Mix10 is just over and the biggest announcement I was waiting for occured: Windows Phone 7 series development tools are NOW available for FREE.
Grab the tools right now ! You’ll need:
- Expression Blend 4 Beta
- Windows Phone Developer Tools
- Expression Blend Add-in for Windows Phone
- Expression Blend SDK for Windows Phone
If you want more details about Blend4, you can check out Christian Schormann’s overview. A new website is now live for all Windows Phone 7 series related development information at http://developer.windowsphone.com/
Another announcements is the availability of Silverlight 4 RC and support for VS2010 RC:
- Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 (this installs Silverlight developer runtime, SDK, tools, and WCF RIA Services).
- Silverlight Toolkit March 2010 Release
- WCF RIA Services Toolkit
- Expression Blend 4 beta
- BREAKING CHANGES DOCUMENTATION
- Windows Phone Developer tools
For more information about Silverlight 4 RC, you can check out the blog post of Tim Heuer.
I can’t wait to play with all this new stuff. It’s very impressive to see the work done around Windows Phone 7 series. WPF and Silverlight developers just became Windows Phone developer today, and I think this is great !
I’ll give more feedback as soon as the tools will be installed