This is the perfect time to take a look at what happened in the last few months as well as what’s on the roadmap for next year. So let’s start by taking a look at 2012…
- In February I went to the TechDays in Paris. I was speaker in a session about Performance optimization for Windows Phone application
- In November, I gave a presentation about Windows Phone 8 at SFEIR Plays
The last year I blogged mostly about Windows Phone stuff. This is not a surprise as I’m busy (on my personal time…) working for my 2Day todo-list application. I’m finalizing a major release that should be submitted to the marketplace soon with a ton of new features and improvement (several blog posts should highlight some topics from a developer point of view).
Here is the full list of article (oldest first):
- If you like typing XAML you will love ReSharper 6.1 !
- ReSharper and code generation
- Windows Phone performance analysis & optimization during TechDays
- Developping an app for the Windows Phone platform
- Windows Phone vNext & Windows 8 next week
- Windows Phone Tango (7.1.1)
- Introducing the PivotIndicator control for Windows Phone
- WP7 performance tip: translate transforms
- MVVM framework explorer updated !
- Hello World, WinRT !
- A lap around Team Foundation Service online
- Hacking for fun: porting a Silverlight Windows Phone app to WinRT in 9hours
- Introducing 2Day: a fast & fluid todo-list WP7 app
- MVP 2012-2013 !
- Random ArgumentException in a Windows Phone 7 application
- SQL database version management in a Windows Phone 7 application
- Handling events in the items of a ListBox (Windows Developer Show podcast challenge)
- Animating item selection in a WP7 application
- Fun with ILDASM and ILASM: tweaking the code of an existing library
- Welcome Windows Phone 8.0 SDK
- Meet me at SFEIRPlays Paris 28/11 talking WP8
- Wanted: Windows Phone / Windows 8 developers for 2Day !
- Updating the live tiles when the exits: WP8 weirdness
2013 should very busy too 🙂
- In mid-February, I will speak again during the TechDays in Paris. The topic is the same as last year: performance optimization for Windows Phone applications. However, with Windows Phone 8 we’ve plenty of new topics to cover !
- In late-February I will fly to Redmond for the MVP Summit 2013. It will be my sedond time there. As aways, all the content will be under NDA… I will share a room with my friend Jose Fajardo I met at //BUILD/ 2011 !
- In March, I should setup an event with my company and Microsoft in Grenoble talking about Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
I’m still deeply invested with 2Day so hopefully you should see more tips and tricks about Windows Phone. As a Windows 8 version is also on its way, that should give me many reasons to write new blog posts.
Happy new year dear readers !